Although there are no debates or speeches, like there are for the presidential election, the candidates – as board members – will play an important role in advancing direct marketers’ overall success by leading the DMAW’s programs, conferences and educational opportunities for its members.
For more than 56 years, the DMAW, a volunteer-driven organization, has promoted networking among its members, supported education and study, and encouraged high ethical standards from those in the direct marketing industry. While the majority of members are from the Washington, D.C. area, there are many members throughout the United States.
We’re proud to have two members of our family on the ballot. Elise Buck, who performs business development for MMI Direct, is up for re-election, and Sean Powell, director of The Engage Group, is a new board of directors candidate. Sean and Elise are among an impressive group of direct marketing professionals, all of whom have been serving on committees within DMAW during the last year or, in some cases, even longer. We thank all of them for their time and commitment to our industry.
Members up for Re-election:
1. Elise Buck, Business Development, MMI Direct
2. Jim Chmielewski, Vice President, Client Services, Public Interest Communications
3. Kristin McCurry, Principal, MINDset direct
New Board Candidates:
1. Dennis Ashcraft, ColorTree Group
2. Margaret (Meg) Dawes, Webb Mason
3. Carol Dixon, Concord Litho
4. Christopher Johns, Shift Digital
5. Peter Maaseide, L&E Meridian
6. Mark Mitchell, SD&A Teleservices
7. Sean Powell, The Engage Group
8. Jeff Thomas, ProList
You can read more about each candidate here.
Every vote counts! Now is your chance to influence your industry’s trade association. Your Official Ballot arrived in your Inbox October 15, and you can vote until October 26. But why wait? Vote now! Plus, this will get you warmed up to vote in the presidential election. It’s your double duty!