Winter Storm Nemo has affected mail delivery in the Northeast due to some closed locations, mandatory road closures and/or limited roadway passage.
According to the U.S. Postal Service, disrupted mail service includes the following states and postal facilities:
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont
All post office operations and mail delivery was suspended for Saturday, Feb. 9 in the following ZIP Codes:
- 030-054, 056-059
- 014-026, 055
- 010-013, 027-029, 060-069
- 105-109, 124-127
- 117-119 (exceptions include: 11710, 11714, 11756, 11758, 11783, and 11793 and 115 ZIP Codes which had limited retail and mail delivery services)
Other updates affecting the northeast:
- All post offices are expected to resume normal retail operations on Monday, Feb. 11
- Localized retail and mail delivery service disruptions may exist due to limited road passage and snow removal efforts
- Drop shipments in all mail processing facilities has resumed as of Sunday, Feb. 10
- Isolated disruption to bulk mail acceptance and drop shipments may exist due to limited road passage and snow removal largely in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and eastern Long Island, NY.
MailSmart Logistics continues to monitor the situation and will advise clients of any anticipated problems with mail delivery due to impacts from Winter Storm Nemo.